Trump's 10 Key Mistakes
Donald Trump ignored not only truth, but logic too.
Here are the 10 key mistakes he made:
- He focuses too much on winning white voters, but has failed with this group as well.
- He misses the support of white women and white college-educated voters, which supported other Republican candidates in the past, like Ronald Reagan or Mitt Romney.
- His focus on the angry, white, old, less educated, male demographic is not enough.
- Trump forgot the math of winning in a presidential campaign: Every four years there are two percentage points fewer whites voting, as America gets more diverse.
- The non-white voters, Hispanics and blacks, were pushed away from the GOP candidate by his demagogic words. To win, the GOP must get around 30 percent of non-white voters, 12 percent more – not less – than in 2012.
- Trump will get less than 20 percent of the Hispanic votes after he called Mexicans ‘rapists’ and wants to kick-out millions of illegal immigrants too, which is seven percent less than four years ago for Romney. There is a high turn-out of early Hispanic voters as well, supporting Clinton in important swing-states like Florida.
- He campaign is not as strong as Clinton’s with a ground-force of one million grass-root activists for her.
- He lost the support of the Republican establishment and its traditional soul, and also many well educated Republican voters who want a serious president in the White House.
- His aggressive style pushed many voters into the hands of Hillary, and also turned many former Republican voters to support another candidate in 2016.
- Trump’s world is less about real politics and proposals, but a campaign based on anti-slogans (anti-Clinton, anti-Washington, anti-China, anti-emigrants, anti-Islam), fear and emotions. Substance is missing and so is a bright future, something many voters want to see in the White House. He is missing the charisma, smile and good-feeling of Republican super-star Ronald Reagan, and his open heart and positive vision for the future of America as well.