NYC Ex-Mayor Rudy Giuliani forgot about 9/11!
He is one of the very few prominent Republican promoting Donald Trump.
Now former mayor of New York City Rudy Giuliani even forgot about 9/11!
While speaking at a Trump rally in Ohio, he said that there were no Islamic terrorist attacks in the 8 years before Obama’s presidency. His exact words were:
“Under those eight years, before Obama came along, we didn’t have any successful radical Islamic terrorist attack inside the United States. They all started when Clinton and Obama got into office.”
Rudy Giuliani, NYC mayor on 9/11, says there were no US terror attacks in 8 years pre-Obama https://t.co/oQWtUmN8U7 pic.twitter.com/urDCmFBYpC
— CNN (@CNN) August 16, 2016
- As most Americans remember, the September 11 attacks in 2001 occurred when George W. Bush was just new elected President since eight months. 3000 Americans killed in the USA under a Republican president including mismanagement of the FBI, CIA and The White House which was warned al Qaida will attack America. Republican George Bush did not attack Osama bin Laden before 9/11 in Afghanistan as Bill Clinton did before. All details in the 9/11 commission report.
- The fact is most American were killed by radical Islamists under a Republican president.
- It’s hard to believe Giuliani could make such a mistake, since the attack on the World Trade Center in Manhattan was the most major event during his time as mayor of NYC from 1994 to 2001.
- While his statement sounded misleading, he didn’t forget 9/11 completely.
- He mentioned it in his speech, and it’s very likely he had meant no more attacks in the 8 years just after 9/11, but that he had simply phrased this poorly.
- A mistake about forgetting 9/11 has happened once before, in Giuliani’s appearance on Good Morning America in 2010, when he said, “What he [Obama] should be doing is following the right things that Bush did – one of the right things he did was treat this as a war on terror. We had no domestic attacks under Bush.”
This shows again:
The Trump show is out of control and facts do not matter any more.
This “I hate Hillary”- emotion in the GOP can make you blind- and look like a jerk.
Facts matter, not emotions.