IMAGINE! Watch UNICEF's Re-Creation of John Lennon's World Song
- UNICEF launched the world version of John Lennon’s classic song “Imagine” with the support of Yoko Ono, David Guetta and people from over 140 countries around the world.
- The UNICEF Imagine project, which launched on International Children’s Day 2014, invited people to help re-record the iconic track.
- The resulting video features a number of UNICEF Goodwill Ambassadors and global influencers, alongside people who uploaded their own version via a purpose-built App. Entries were received from every region of the world, including Antarctica and the International Space Station.
- This world version of Imagine shines a spotlight on the 28 million children around the world who have been driven from their homes due to conflict. The video was previewed to world leaders at the United Nations Summit on Migrants and Refugees in the UN General Hall in September 2016.
- UNICEF promotes the rights and wellbeing of every child, in everything we do. Together with many partners, UNICEF works in 190 countries and territories to translate that commitment into practical action, focusing special effort on reaching the most vulnerable and excluded children, to the benefit of all children, everywhere.
The main message:
We are One World of now 7.5 billion- let’s work together to make it a better place of love and peace, for our children and the future of the global village.