Crashlanding in Dubai!
A Emirates airline plane has crashlanded at Dubai International Airport. It landed without its wheels down on its “belly,” then it caught fire.
- The Boeing 777 was on its way to Dubai from Thiruvananthapuram, which is in the state of Kerala in southern India.
- The crew got all 300 people on board to safety, and only 13 had minor injuries.
- There was one casualty though, a firefighter helping to put out the flames.
- The hero of the day was firefighter Jassim Essa Al-Baloushi, who died saving the passengers’ lives.
- The people on board were of 20 different nationalities, and the majority were Indian.
- The 18 crew members were the last to leave the plane.
- Flights were suspended for hours.
Below is the photo of the hero firefighter Jassim Essa Al-Baloushi who died while saving so many lives:
— Dubai Media Office (@DXBMediaOffice) August 3, 2016
Here is the plane on the runway, with smoke still billowing:
— Al Arabiya English (@AlArabiya_Eng) August 3, 2016
Passengers being directed away from the plane:
— Daily Mail Online (@MailOnline) August 3, 2016
The crash could be seen from inside the airport:
Fire from Emirates flight in Dubai airport – on the runway! pic.twitter.com/cWILh4CXQ6
— Krishna Bhagavathula (@kbhagava) August 3, 2016
Here is what the plane looked like after the fire was put out:
Plane crash-lands at Dubai airport, no reports of any injuries so far, all passengers safely evacuated – officials https://t.co/kNVC4jfZNE
— BBC Breaking News (@BBCBreaking) August 3, 2016