Founder and President
Dr. Hubertus Hoffmann is a German geo-strategist, investor, internet-pioneer based in Berlin.
His three main focuses as a philanthropist are:
- 'Networking a Safer World', with the largest global elite network in foreign affairs, the independent World Security Network Foundation (www.worldsecuritynetwork.com).
- The Human Codes of Tolerance and Respect - promoting understanding and concrete actions for tolerance towards other religions, races and minorities (www.codesoftolerance.com).
- The promotion of a responsible elite which takes over special obligations and duties in societies around the world (www.worldsecuritynetwork.com/fritzkraemer).
Dr. Hoffmann worked as an advisor in the European Parliament (Office of Prof. Hans-Gert Poettering, former President of the European Parliament), the German Bundestag (State Secretary of Defense Peter Kurt Wuerzbach, MP) and the U.S. Senate (Sam Nunn, Gary Hart) in defense and foreign affairs for many years.
He was Research Fellow at the Center for Strategic & International Studies (CSIS), Georgetown University. Dr. Hoffmann holds a Ph.D. in Political Science with "summa cum laude" (Prof. Karl Dietrich Bracher, University of Bonn, Germany) and is a lawyer as well. He is a reserve officer in the German Army (Field Artillery).
For 13 years he has worked as a successful entrepreneur and investor in different funds. Co-founder of GCG which invested from 2005-2007 Euro 3,3 bn in companies like Volkswagen, BASF, ThyssenKrupp, Lanxess and Siemens. From 1996-2000 he was founder and CEO of InternetMediaHouse AG and a large investor and member of the Executive Board at Loewe TV company, increasing the value of both companies by 24 times in two years to a peak of €600m. Now international investor in different internet companies. Before he worked as a journalist in the White House Press Corps, as an editor for ZDF, the largest TV station in Europe, and as managing director of large German media companies.
Dr. Hoffmann supported NATO's Two Track Decision from 1979 to 1983 to deploy medium-range nuclear weapons in Europe combined with mutual arms reductions on the Russian side, putting him on the target list of the RAF, the German terrorist organization. In 1978 he founded a popular German appeal (Dattelner Appell) to dismantle the new Russian SS-20 missiles and to combine it with the non-deployment of NATO Pershing II and Cruise Missiles, which was signed by more than 100 members of the German Bundestag, U.S. Senators like Edward Kennedy, and others, and on December 12, 1979 was successfully integrated into NATO's Two Track Decision and later into the INF Treaty.
In 1980 he initiated a CDU/CSU resolution and Federal Law of the Bundestag for an Annual Report on Arms Control and Disarmament, which since then has been published by the German Government.
For ten years Dr. Hoffmann was Chairman of the Christian Democratic Union (CDU) Committee for Foreign, Defense, European and Inner-German Affairs in his home state of Lower Saxony in Germany and active in promoting German re-unification and a strong NATO. Elected CDU-Member of the City Council in his home town Goslar (Harz).
In 1984 Dr. Hoffmann organized the exchange program for young reserve officers from the U.S.A. and Germany with the support of then-State Secretary of Defense Peter Kurt Wuerzbach with more than 1000 reserve officers involved from both sides of the Atlantic. He was a German member of the Executive Committee of the NATO Reserve Officers Association CIOR.
He supported the Mujaheddin from 1985-1990 against the Russian invasion of Afghanistan, visiting them in the mountains in 1985 and writing the Afghanistan Report for the European Parliament.
In 1989 - during the visit of German Chancellor Helmut Kohl - he initiated and helped to finance the first "Farmers Association of Silesia" - former German homeland of his expelled parents in Poland - which now has more than 3,000 Polish and German members and its own dairy.
In 1992 he was Chairman of the Eesti Committee Report (requested by Estonian President Tunne Kelam) about the Future of the "Baltic Hanseatic Region" (Oblast Kaliningrad; Lithuania; Latvia, and Estonia), which helped to create stable democratic states in the Baltic and the fundament to join the EU and NATO.
In 1981 his home town of Goslar/Harz awarded him its "Förderpreis" for journalistic merits (Laudatio: General (Ret.) Johannes Steinhoff, former Chairman of NATOs Military Committee).
Schitag Ernst & Young, SAP and Manager magazine honored Dr. Hoffmann as "Finalist German Entrepreneur of the Year 1998" for growth and innovation as member of the Board and co-owner of Loewe Opta Holding TV company.
In October 2000 he was awarded the "Federal Cross of Merit" for "innovative business ideas" by German President Johannes Rau in Schloss Bellevue (Berlin).
In 2002 at Friedrichsruh Palace near Hamburg, Prince Ferdinand von Bismarck bestowed upon Dr. Hubertus Hoffmann the "Bismarck Medal in Silver with Golden Oak Leaves" for his "patriotic faithfulness and proven Prussian national consciousness".
In 2010 he initiated the first official Progress Report Afghanistan of the German Government supported by the SPD opposition and the CDU/CSU and FDP groups in the Bundestag.
150 poor boys and girls from the tribal areas (FATA) in Pakistan received a WSN FATA Scholarship to visit schools in Karachi (Pakistan) in 2010 with the support of the German Foreign Office. Promoting the development of FATA with two international WSN workshops in London (RCDS) and Berlin (Hotel Adlon).
Dr. Hoffmann is the author of two standard books about nuclear weapons ("Atomkrieg, Atomfrieden: Technik, Strategie, Abrüstung" 1980; "Die Atompartner: Washington - Bonn und die Modernisierung der taktischen Kernwaffen", 1986).
In 2004 he published a book about his mentor of 25 years "Fritz Kraemer On Excellence. Missionary, Mentor and Pentagon Strategist " (with Contributions from Alexander M. Haig Jr., Henry A. Kissinger, Madeleine Kraemer Bryant; Sven Kraemer, Wilhelm-Karl von Preussen, Edward L. Rowny and Donald Rumsfeld) and in 2012 a second biography “True Keeper of the Holy Flame. The Legacy of Pentagon Strategist and Mentor Dr. Fritz Kraemer” (see www.worldsecuritynetwork.com/fritzkraemer).
One of his main activities in WSN is The Human Codes of Tolerance and Respect Project, promoting universal rules for parents, educators, journalists, religious leaders and politicians on how to promote respect for other religions, races and ethnic minorities, as important soft factors of peacemaking including best practices from all over the world and the roots of respect and tolerance in the life of the Prophet and Islam (see www.codesoftolerance.com).
In 2014 he published his book Codes der Toleranz in Herder Verlag with an Arabic (Al Arabi Publishing Cairo) and Polish version. He works on the art and video project The Champions and the Art of Tolerance with portraits including The Dalai Lama, Pope Franciscus , Malala , Yusuf Islam (Cat Stevens) and Shimon Peres and hidden Champions of Tolerance from all over the world.
Dr. Hoffmann is a frequent speaker and had spoken in the White House Situation Room (Briefing for National Security Advisor Bob McFarlane and his NSC Directors), West Point U.S. Military Academy, the U.S. Congress, CSIS in Washington DC, YPO Europe in Krakow (Poland), MedDays in Tanger (Morocco), Global Women Leader Conference of Zayed University in Dubai (UAE), Konrad-Adenauer Foundation in Tallinn (Estonia), EU- Russia- Congress in Sankt Petersburg, Museum Haus am Checkpoint Charlie in Berlin, the Royal College of Defense Studies (RCDS) in London, the Planning Staff of the German Foreign Office, Harvard, Yale, Columbia, Georgetown Universities, Trinity College (Dublin), the Cambridge Union (UK), or the Arab-German Association in Doha (Qatar).
Member of YPO (Rhine Chapter)
Scholar Konrad Adenauer and Thyssen Foundation
Young Atlantic Leader 1992 (Atlantik-Brücke)
More can be found in www.worldsecuritynetwork.com and www.codesoftolerance.com and Facebook
Contact: [email protected]itynetwork.com
Articles by Hubertus Hoffmann
- Ukraine: Give Peace a Chance!
- Juncker defeats Merkel in EU
- Israel needs a fresh Reconciliation Policy now
- World 3.0: Elemente fuer eine wirksamere Aussen-und Sicherheitspolitik
- The Ukraine Crisis and the Need for Codes of Tolerance
- Ukraine needs Codes of Tolerance to cool down
- Russia, NATO and the EU: A Plea for a True Partnership
- The Christian Message of Peace, Reconciliation and Tolerance
- Hiroshima Bomb Effects
- Turks suspicious towards German Government
- Habib Malik Orakzai: "Education is key for development of FATA in Pakistan"
- Einstein's Lessons for Today's Foreign Policy: "Imagination Is More Important than Knowledge." Therefore We Need a New Creative Strategy for More Freedom in the World
- Inside Jordan: Hubertus Hoffmann meets the Islamic Rose and a Prince of Wisdom and Tolerance
- India: Hubertus Hoffmann Meets a Miracle of Tolerance and an Economic Boom
- The Germans to the Front?
- What to do about the Ukrainian Crisis?
- Pope Francis' Wisdom for a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year 2014
- Two ISAF-Generals: Good Progress in Afghanistan
- Dalai Lama-Tibet-China: Re-set Buddhist Harmony with Soft Autonomy vs. Cultural Nihilism
- The Holy Land: Fresh Peace & Reconciliation Strategies Needed in 2013
- Blue Mosque Spokesman Ansari: "Islam is Peace"
- Pope Francis and his Jesuit Easter Message
- Field Marshal Lord Inge: Afghanistan's Long Way
- Strengthening the "Soul of Europe" in Europe 3.0 through Radical Reforms
- Good-bye to three fallen Bundeswehr comrades in Afghanistan in Mazar-e-Sharif
- Field Marshal Lord Inge: Libya needs Wise Men
- Adenauer Chairman Hans-Gert Poettering: Germany should reconsider its policies vis-a-vis Egypt
- Hiroshima: Hubertus Hoffmann meets the only U.S. Officer on both A-Missions and one of his Victims
- A Soldier's Christmas Surprise in World War I, 1914
- U.S. Foreign Policy: Dangerous - Destructive? Hubertus Hoffmann speech at Trinity College Dublin
- The Pope and Beijing
- ESTONIA: Alice in Foreign Affairs Wonderland
- Dr Georg Kraemer - Patriot, Prosecutor and Father of the German-American Geostrategist Dr Fritz Kraemer
- The Globalization of Foreign Policy
- General David Petraeus Commander ISAF on progress in RC North
- Individuals Have the Natural Right to Resist Dictatorships
- China: The new Policy of Harmony and Moral Appeal must prevail
- General David Petraeus Commander ISAF on German soldiers killed
- Otto von Habsburg: A Noble European with Christian Values
- Saudi TV Journalist Nadine Al Bedair Respect and Religion
- Dr. Reinhard Eroes: Tolerance, respect and pride in Afghanistan
- Tibetan Monk Geshe Jampel Senge: Resistance is against unjust Chinese occupation
- Brazil Superstar?
- Field Marshal Lord Inge: Kashmir on Radar
- Japan & Globalization: Hubertus Hoffmann reports from Tokyo, Kyoto and Hiroshima
- Obama's 20 Secrets of Success and what you can learn from him
- Iraqi Kurdistan: Hubertus Hoffmann on the Heaven for Christians and Tolerance Near Hell
- Iraqi Kurdistan: Hubertus Hoffmann meets Fear and a Lighthouse of Hope
- Nobel Peace Prize: Who deserves it ?
- Change Palestine! Movement and a Double Strategy top priority now
- Thank you General David Petraeus!
- Israel-Palestine: Hubertus Hoffmann on a New Peace Strategy combining Hawk & Dove, Uzi & Olive Branch
- Ethnic Displacements: Suggestions for Containment and Proscription
- Progressive Patriotism or "I Love My Country!"
- Moral Relativism
- Field Marshal Lord Inge: Pakistan Important
- General David Petraeus Commander ISAF on progress and troops needed after 2014
- General David Petraeus Commander ISAF on Taliban reversed - economics grown
- Kurdish Intelligence Boss Barzani on Strategy for Iraq
- General David Petraeus Commander ISAF on the importance of North Afghanistan
- Iraqi Kurdistan as Golden Key for Peace and the U.S. in Iraq
- Libya: Action Plan needed
- Saudi King must impeach his Grand Mufti who demanded the destruction of all Churches
- Prophet Mohammed Movie: What should be done?
- WSN Action Plan No. 2 for Syria: New Democratic Constitution, Cut Diplomatic Relations, Sea-Blockade
- Habib Malik Orakzai from FATA: "Peace negotiations with the Taliban must include Pakistan."
- Fritz Kraemer's World of Values, Principles, and Ideals
- Good bye, Col. Dr. Fritz Kraemer !
- Hussein Ibish, Director Hala Salam Maksoud Foundation for Arab American Leadership: Rebellion in Egypt and Syria
- Lorna Fitzsimons, Chief Executive BICOM: British Jews and Israel
- Ron Skolnik, Director Meretz USA: American Jews and Israel
- Zaki Chehab, Editor-in-Chief ArabsToday.net: Different Uprisings in Arab World and Palestine
- Michael Young, Editor Daily Star Lebanon: New Media in New Middle East
- Malik Abdeh, Founder of the Movement for Justice and Development in Syria: Revolution with Skype, YouTube, Sat TV
- Mahmoud Salem, Blogger at sandmonkey.org: Internet, Facebook and Twitter, Smartphones tools in Arabellion
- Talia Gorodess, Israeli Social Protest Leader: Young people fed up
- Talia Gorodess, Israeli Social Protest Leader: Social Protest about Domestic Issues
- Talia Gorodess, Israeli Social Protest Leader: Redefinition of Israeli Citizenship
- Manuel Hassassian, Palestinian Representative to UK: Palestine Two State Solution - no Occupation
- Hussein Ibish, Director Hala Salam Maksoud Foundation for Arab American Leadership: Peace in Palestine and Israel - US view
- Manuel Hassassian, Palestinian Representative to UK: Frustration about slow Peace Process
- Field Marshal Lord Inge: Arab World different
- Field Marshal Lord Inge: Libya unique
- Tibetan Monk Geshe Jampel Senge: Rich China needs spiritual buddhism
- The Dalai Lama: The world belongs to humanity
- Estonian Defense Minister Mart Laar on Open Russian Archives
- Estonian Defense Minister Mart Laar on Estonia and Russia
- Estonian MEP Tunne Kelam on Estonia's Success Story
- Former EU Parliament President Hans-Gert Poettering MEP on progress in Libya and the Israel/Palestine conflict
- Former EU Parliament President Hans-Gert Poettering MEP on Democracy in the Arab World
- Lt Gen. Rainer Glatz: US troops under German command in RC North
- Lt Gen. Rainer Glatz: Improved civilian structure in ISAF and projects
- Lt Gen. Rainer Glatz: Who are the insurgents? Taliban? Criminals?
- Lt Gen. Rainer Glatz: Different insurgent groups in Afghanistan
- Lt Gen. Rainer Glatz: Afghan National and Local Police are key
- Lt Gen. Rainer Glatz: Civilians support ISAF against insurgents
- Lt Gen. Rainer Glatz: Elements of success in Afghanistan
- Lt Gen. Rainer Glatz: ISAF Improvements RC North 2010-2011
- Lt Gen. Rainer Glatz: Bundeswehr in Afghanistan 2002-2011
- Afghan Corps Commander BrigGen Zalmai Wesa on his 209th ANA Corps
- German MajGen Fritz, Commander ISAF RC North, Bundeswehr in Afghanistan
- German MajGen Fritz, Commander ISAF RC North, civilian coop improved
- German MajGen Fritz, Commander ISAF RC North, continue training after 2014
- German MajGen Fritz, Commander ISAF RC North, peace and education needed
- German MajGen Fritz, Commander ISAF RC North, on reintegration of Taliban
- German MajGen Fritz, Commander ISAF RC North, on progress
- US BrigGen Mulholland ISAF RC North: Americans and Germans one team
- US BrigGen Mulholland ISAF RC North about Vision 2014
- US BrigGen Mulholland ISAF RC North about insurgents
- Signing of new START Agreement in Munich 2011
- Dr. Hubertus Hoffmann: Afghanistan needs peace talks
- Gabriela von Habsburg: Dangers in the Caucasus
- Helmut KÃ¶nigshaus: Current and future challenges
- Roderich Kiesewetter: Cooperation between NATO and the EU
- Prof Joseph S.Nye: Future of Power and Afghanistan
- Prof. Werner Weidenfeld: Europe is missing a strategic culture
- Dr. Ursula Plassnik: New challenges â?? new responses
- John C. Kornblum: Stability in a globalized world
- Kurt Volker: Fight for democracy
- Dr. Hubertus Hoffmann: Progress in Egypt
- Prof. Volker Perthes: The Future of Egypt
- Prof. Horst Teltschik: Egypt and failure of the EU
- Farwick on relations between China and United States of America
- Hauenstein: Cyber war and cyber crime
- Said: Challenges for Indonesia
- Farwick: Afghanistan - who are the stakeholders ?
- Prof. Dr. Bagci: The future role of Turkey
- Solana: Europe is a permanent power
- Amb. Amorin: Brazil - an emerging power
- Ambassador Prasad: Afghanistan - a view from India
- Corneliu Pivariu on the significance of the Black Sea Region
- Amb. Lodhi: Afghanistan - a view from Pakistan
- Makeda Landmines A Young Directors Project
- Dieter Farwick: The need for a regional approach for Afghanistan and Pakistan
- Werner Weidenfeld: Power architecture of the European Union
- U.S. Ambassador Kurt Volker on NATO
- Afghanistan Advisor Dr. Spanta: The need for cooperation
- General ret Joseph Ralston on transatlantic relations
- NATO General Ramms: On a civilian surge in Afghanistan
- U.S. Senator Sam Nunn: On global solutions
- General Klaus Naumann: Nuclear weapons and NATO-Strategy
- German MP Philipp Missfelder on the situation in Iran
- French Minister Pierre Lellouche: On global challenges
- Proposals for innovative Actions in Syria
- London Olympics: Thanks to Her Majesty's Great People
- Field Marshal Lord Inge on Libya, Afghanistan and Pakistan
- Christmas and Holiday Season 2011: Freedom is a Date Palm Emerging from the Sand
- Col. Gaddafi killed: What’s next in Libya?
- Norway Continue!
- Estonia: From Soviet Occupation to EU Role Model
- Riaz Khokhar, former Foreign Secretary of Pakistan, on Extremism, Terror, Afghanistan, and India
- Former EU Parliament President Hans-Gert Poettering MEP on Democracy in Libya and the Arab World
- Former Pakistani ISI Director Gen. Hamid Gul on Negotiations with the Taliban
- EU Energy Commissioner Guenther Oettinger on the future of European Energy Security
- Progress in Afghanistan: Two German Generals analyse
- U.S. General David Petraeus ISAF Commander about Progress in Afghanistan
- Afghanistan: Why the UN via ISAF will win
- Afghanistan: Germans at the Front
- Good News from Afghanistan
- Former Pakistani Chief of Staff and ISI Director Gen. Ehsan ul Haq on Afghanistan and Pakistan
- Implosion in Egypt: What to do now?
- Werner Weidenfeld: "EU needs minimum of five Years for Economic Government"
- Muslims & killing Christians: Defend the Prophet & Punish the Sinners!
- Christmas & Holiday Season 2010: Wall Street between greed and values
- First German 'Progress Report Afghanistan': A Successful Initiative of the World Security Network Foundation
- Punish terrorists according to Sharia as they offend the Prophet and Allah
- Assassination Attempt on Pope Benedict XVI?
- Hubertus Hoffmann Cambridge Union Address about Rules of Soft Power
- Support the Proposals of the Afghanistan Peace Jirga!
- Get Karzai out of the line of fire in Afghanistan now!
- Israel needs reconciliation with the Palestinians or will lose the battle for its existence
- Alexander Haig Obituary: A great American General and Patriot
- Afghanistan & Pakistan: A new and comprehensive NATO Double-Track Decision is needed
- Christmas & Holiday Season 2009: Moral Relativism greatest danger for true peace
- China & the U.S.: from containment to a harmonious partnership
- Afghanistan: Negotiations with the Taliban as the Path to Peace
- Germany: Wind of change with Angela Merkel and the Liberals
- Greater Efforts for Human Codes of Tolerance Needed
- FATA - Pakistan - Afghanistan: Fresh Proposals and Action Plan
- Christmas & Holiday Season 2008: A Story of Reconciliation from the Holy Land
- Obama: Paradigm Change for Russia needed
- Mumbai: Hubertus Hoffmann's Lessons Learned
- Obama's new Foreign Policy needs a Double Strategy of Power and Diplomacy - a mix of creativity, imagination, excellency, brilliant strategies & power - to be better than Bush
- Poland: Hubertus Hoffmann Meets Two Icons of Moral Values
- Nelson Mandela at 90 - Soweto and South Africa - Hubertus Hoffmann on a Tour of Africa's Values and Chances
- Israel at 60: Hubertus Hoffmann on a new Double Strategy of Power and Reconciliation
- Tribal Areas (FATA): U.S. Air Strikes Counterproductive - Smart Power is better than Hard Power
- Let us promote the Human Codes of Tolerance and Respect now !
- Obituary Hans Janitschek: An Austrian Idealist and Journalist in New York
- Christmas 2007: More hope and light than fear and darkness
- World Security Network: Why you should join as a prominent supporter now !
- Iraq: U.S. Senate supports Sen. Joe Biden Plan for a Federal System
- Letter from Dr. Hubertus Hoffmann to U.S. Senator Joe Biden on the bipartisan vote promoting a Federal Structure for Iraq
- Iraq: Hubertus Hoffmann on Plan B for the U.S. and stabilizing the region
- Bosnia – Hubertus Hoffmann on building bridges between Moslems, Serbs and Croats and Reconciliation in The Balkans
- Russia & Putin: A Grand Strategy for a Better Partnership with the EU and the U.S.
- Afghanistan: A new Grand Strategy for NATO, EU and the U.S.
- Christmas Newsletter 2006 - “Let Us Share a Dream of Peace on Earth!”
- The Misleading Iraq Study Group Report and What President Bush Should Do Now
- The New Art of Peacemaking: Let's Make Friends First — Use Arms only as an Ultima Ratio Regis
- Three Strong Federal States Comprised of Kurds, Shiites and Sunnis Are Needed Now in Iraq with a Division of Oil Income – or a Bloody Civil War Is Unavoidable
- Pakistan: Land in the Line of Fire
- Afghanistan & NATO’s Mission Impossible:A Radical New Grand Design Needed or Defeat is Guaranteed
- Is Islam tolerant ?
- Darfur: Stop the Genocide in Sudan now!
- Injustice Indonesian Style: Christians Executed – but Mildness toward Islamic Bali Bombers – Support their families with a donation now !
- Indonesia: Save the Catholics sentenced to death!
- Hubertus Hoffmann, President and Founder, World Security Network Foundation: "The execution of the three Catholics would be a slap in the face to all those who have helped Indonesia after the tsunami!"
- Israel, Lebanon and Palestine: Cornerstones for Peace
- Former NATO General Klaus Naumann: Impressions from Afghanistan and What NATO Should Do Now
- Dalai Lama WSN Exclusive: Thoughts of Tibet’s Spiritual Leader
- Christmas Newsletter 2005: Christian Peace Policy is needed now!
- Islamic Renaissance Is Needed!
- Pope John Paul II. : Thank you for your contributions for a better world !
- Nuclear Arms in Iran, Wolfowitz, Stürmer and "Provocative Weakness"
- A New NATO Double-Track Decision Against TerrorOnly a new combination of containment and dialog can defeat terrorism
- Christmas Newsletter 2004
- Fritz Kraemer book parties in Washington and New York: Wolfowitz, Schmitz, Rowny and more
- Fritz Kraemer bookparties in Berlin and Munich
- WSN Scholarship Program for young men and women of excellence
- Islam and Totalitarianism
- 9/11 could have been avoided, but only very soon starting 1998 !
- Sheikh Yassin, Osama bin Laden, Adolf Hitler: Appeasement and Provocative Weakness
- President Putin, let us start a Common Vision for a democratic Future of Russia in the EU now !
- Support the WSN "Education for Tolerance in the Islamic World Report" !
- The West needs Holistic Formulas for Peace on the basis of Diplomacy plus Power plus Reconciliation
- Christmas Newsletter 2003
- CDU-Pflüger: Global Responsibilities for Europe
- Fidel! It's time to say "Goodbye!"
- Palestine’s young elite should have a look at German history
- No Hate for Children, please !
- European intelligence chief believes Osama Bin Laden harboured by Pakistan's ISI -World Exclusive for the www.worldsecuritynetwork.com-
- 7 Bullet Point Plan to defend our Free World
- Kremlin security adviser is as strong as he is weak