AGAIN TRUMP! AGAIN CLINTON!
The front runners made it:
Again Trump! Again Clinton!
Huge victories for both.
- Donald Trump has won the presidential primaries in all five US states on Tuesday: Connecticut, Delaware, Maryland, Pennsylvania and Rhode Island. He got 142 more delegates for the Republican convention.
- Trump now calls himself “the Republican presumptive nominee”. Can anybody still stop him?
- The Donald has now 988 delegates, Ted Cruz 568 and John Kasich 152. Donald needs 1237 to win and avoid a so called “contested Republican convention”.
- Ted Cruz is fixed now on the Indiana primary next week- his very last chance. “I’ve got good news for you tonight, this campaign moves back to more favorable terrain,” he said there.
- Hillary Clinton triumphed in four out of five states- but Bernie Sanders won Rhode Island. Big wins for her in Maryland and Pennsylvania, Delaware and Connecticut. She won 214 more delegates.
- Hillary Clinton counts now 2168 delegates, Sanders only 1401. Needed are 2383 for the nomination of the Democratic party.
- The Clinton team hopes that Sanders now stops any political and personal attacks on her, not to weaken Mrs Clinton in the November elections.
- She even offered an olive branch to Sanders: “I applaud Senator Sanders and his millions of supporters for challenging us to get unaccountable money out of politics and putting greater emphasis to closing the gap of inequality….I know together we will get that done.”
- Sanders issued a statement after he lost again and talked about “the last vote is cast”: “”That is why this campaign is going to the Democratic National Convention in Philadelphia with as many delegates as possible to fight for a progressive party platform.”