Hamas Pre-Election Video:More terror, Israel will be destroyed
Hamas has recently placed on its website a new half-hour video that can only be seen as part of its election campaign. The video reviews what its makers see as recent Hamas successes as well as its plans for the future. The video features military-style training for Hamas terrorists and explicit encouragement of suicide terrorists and their mothers. The well-publicized Hamas plan to destroy Israel is reiterated, as are Hamas plans to remain the "resistance" (the Palestinian euphemism for terror) group of choice for all Palestinian and jihad terrorists.
The video has appeared on the Hamas site at almost the same time that the US State Department has made clear that it will make no attempt to block Hamas from participating in the upcoming Palestinian parliamentary elections. The EU and UN have also agreed that Hamas, which appears on official EU and US lists of terrorist organizations, can participate in the elections.
The video includes the following:
- Scenes of Hamas terrorists in military-style training.
- The opinion that including female suicide terrorists in Hamas ranks has led to Palestinian mothers being more willing to encourage their sons to become suicide terrorists.
- The promotion of Shahada (death for Allah) as better than life (a message parallel to that of the Palestinian Authority, as can be seen here.
- A refusal to disarm, despite running in parliamentary elections.
- The hope that Hamas will continue to be "a home for all Palestinian and jihad fighters."
- The opinion (also parallel to that of the PA) that the recent voluntary Israeli withdrawal from Gaza is the first step in the destruction of Israel.
- Finally, the promise of more terrorism, as Hamas' military commander promises to Israelis, "we will make all of Palestine [i.e. Israel] a hell for you."
Palestinian Media Watch has added a segment of an August 2005 broadcast by Muhammad Deif, commander of Al-Qassam Brigades, the terrorist wing of Hamas (also posted on the Hamas website), in which he reasserts the Hamas goal to "liberate" the Israeli cities of Jerusalem, Safed, Haifa, Jaffa and others.